The Merrell Chameleon Arc 2 Rival hiking boots are a nice pair of boots. At a reasonable and reachable price for most, these boots should keep you dry and comfortable most of the year round.
Lets review some more detail about this functional pair of boots below.
Average Customer Rating: 4 stars out of 5 (30+ reviews!)
Available Colors: Kangaroo
Where to Buy: www.sierratradingpost.com
Merrell's Chameleon Arc 2 Rival hiking boots are designed to provide extra stability in the heel and improve flexibility in the forefoot.
A waterproof breathable membrane ensures your feet will stay dry out on the trail while the Q-Form® Comfort midsole will provide the necessary cushioning to provide consistent comfort for the duration of all your hiking adventures.
The gusseted tongue comfortable keeps water and debris out while the AEGIS Microbe Shield® is antimicrobial is a nice addition that helps control the bacteria and fungi that cause bad odors.
The insole is removable while the vibram outsole provides the necessary technology to keep your feet gripping to the ground over challenging terrain.
With an average of 4 stars out of 5 across 30+ reviews, this is another comfortable boot option for the trail with many satisfied customers already enjoying its sleek look and feel!
- Waterproof breathable membrane boots can be worn on the trail all year round (except in extreme temperatures).
- Solid, sturdy, durable and lightweight with good ankle support.
- Tongue and heel loop for easy on-off works well.
- Vibram outsole provides good traction over varying terrain.
- Watch sizing for this boot. You may need to order half a size larger.
Specs (at a glance)
- Waterproof materials: Waterproof breathable membrane
- Removable insole
- Midsole: EVA
- Vibram® Chameleon Arc Sole 2 TC5+ rubber outsole with multidirectional 5.5mm lugs oval lugs
- 360-degree tonal wire-brushed rubber rand with reinforced double stitching
- Height: 5″
- Weight (pair): 2 lb. 2 oz.
- Runs small, order 1/2 size large
A nice all year round boot, in most conditions, for the average day hiker but sturdy enough to take on the odd extended backpacking trip or two across the year too. I like the look of these boots, the capabilities (basic but functional) and most of all, the price. Will suit most folks!
If you're still not sure if these are the hiking boots for you, check out my hiking boot recommendations here.
Have you got a pair of Merrell Chameleon Arc 2 Rival hiking boots? How have you found them? I'd love to hear about your experience in the comments below!