If you have the problem of dealing with extreme winter weather conditions then a Canada Goose Parka Jacket could be just the ticket for you.
Note: this jacket is most suitable for really tough winter conditions.
To jump to the Canada Goose Women’s Expedition Parka click here.
The Canada Goose Men’s Expedition Parka
Average Customer Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Available Colors: Black, Navy, Forest Green, Midgrey, Military Green, White, Aurora Green, Caribou, Graphite, Red, Tan, Spirit, Orange
Using tried and trusted technologies enhanced over fifty years, Canada Goose provide the warmest coats available for extreme cold conditions. Just to be clear, by ‘extreme cold conditions’ we are talking Arctic cold here.
The Expedition parka is the original extreme weather coat and is a truly well-designed and crafted piece of kit.
The history of this jacket is fascinating as it was originally developed for scientists working in research facilities in Antarctica. That is just one indication of how reliable and sought after this jacket is. You know that anything created out of necessity as its first requirement will, first and foremost, have excellent functional capabilities.
Going into the features of the Expedition Parka, it’s hard, in some ways, to know where to start as there are so many great features with it. However, the logical place to begin is of course with warmth and insulation.
As already mentioned, Canada goose has a long history of using the best warmth and insulation technologies. All of the blends contain some Hutterite down including the Expedition Parka which also utilizes duck down to provide exceptional warmth throughout.
To give some background, ‘down’ refers to a ‘down of birds’ which is a layer of bird feathers found under the tougher exterior feathers. Down feathers are particularly good at trapping air and so when used in a jacket, you can guess the results. Down feathers not only retain more warm air than other types of down but they are also very lightweight.
Most importantly, the result is a winter Parka jacket that not only keeps you very warm in extreme winter conditions but is lightweight and comfortable to wear. The jacket is also big and roomy to further enhance comfort. A size down may be a good option for some.
The years of knowledge and experience that have went into the development of Canada Goose jackets are further indicated in the hood of the Expedition Parka which is made from Coyote fur. There are several reasons for using this particular type of fur. Coyote fur does not freeze, does not hold water and, with uneven hair lengths used, creates a windbreak to help protect skin exposed to the elements.
To illustrate how tough and durable this Parka is, Canada Goose use their TEI (Thermal Experience Index) which helps to classify the capabilities of their jackets. Starting at one and running to five, the Expediiton Parka sits at level five meaning it falls into the extreme weather category i.e. it is suitable in conditions as low as -30˚C ( ‘C’ for Celsius which equates to -22˚F).
While this jacket is perfect for the Arctic Circle it can easily be used for extreme winter conditions anywhere in the world, be it an urban jungle or a country farm.
The last comment to make on this jacket is that aside from its unquestionable functional capabilities, it just looks really great! The nature of this jacket is such that it does not go out of fashion.
In conclusion, buying the Canada Goose Expedition Parka means you’re buying high-end quality. Rather than a purchase, this jacket is an investment in proven durability, comfort and style that will last you for many, many years to come.
- Storm flap over front zipper, Heavy-duty flexible rib-knit cuffs, An elasticized nylon snow-skirt and Draw cord waist help ensure a snug fit to maximize comfort and warmth
- The recessed cuffs sit about 3 inches in leaving plenty of room for mitten cuffs to fit comfortably
- Plenty of storage room with two lower full-below snow pockets for hand warming secured with Velcro® flaps, Two upper chest pockets secured with Velcro® flaps and fleece-lined upper and lower pockets with zipper closure
- Small shoulder pockets, one specifically for a pencil or pen
- Coyote fur ruff surrounding a two-way adjustable tunnel hood with an adjustable bracing wire reduces wind penetration by allowing you to adjust size as conditions dictate
- Left handed zipper could take a bit of getting used to but overall, a very minor thing
- Shell: 85% polyester, 15% cotton/Fill: 625 power white duck down
- Zip front with hook-and-loop flap
- Four oversized flap pockets and two side entry hand pockets
- Brand logo patch on left chest
- 195 gram artic tech shell and coyote fur ruff surrounding the adjustable hood.
- Centre back length: 35” (88.9cm)
The Canada Goose Women’s Expedition Parka
Average Customer Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
Available Colors: Blue, Navy, Midgrey, Military Green, Summit Pink, White, Caribou, Graphite, Red, Spirit
The Canada Goose Expedition Parka Jacket is first and foremost a specialty jacket. It’s functionally built for very, very cold conditions. However, these jackets are also quite fashionable too. This is no wonder, as they do look good.
If you’re in the hunt for a very durable winter jacket of this kind, then it is definitely worth checking this out further!
Have you had any experiences with the Canada Goose Parka jacket? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below!